Cannabutter, also known as weed butter or grass butter, is a brilliant way to bring the infused kick to the dinner table. Do you think this is too complicated? Don't worry, we'll show you how to do it step by step.
Cannabutter in a nutshell
Cannabutter, short for cannabis butter, is simply butter to which a certain something - namely cannabis - has been added. And if the weed contains THC, it's psychoactive, baby!
The production: Easy-Peasy
Making cannabutter sounds like magic, but it's actually quite simple.
1. What you need
Get an oven, a pot, baking paper or aluminum foil, a melting pot, a spatula, a sieve and storage jars. Check!
2. The choice of fabric
Now you have to decide: weed or hemp? THC or CBD? Weed gets you high, CBD doesn't. Your decision!
3. The Magical Decarboxylation Step
To activate your weed, you need to decarboxylate it. Sounds like a laboratory, but it's very simple: spread the crushed flowers on a baking tray, heat the oven to 90-100°C and let the buds "sizzle" in there for 15-20 minutes. As soon as it smells nutty, it's ready. Don't miss this step or your cannabutter will remain limp!
4. The ingredients
For the basic cannabutter you only need 250g butter and 7 - 10g decarboxylated weed. Sure, more grass = stronger butter.
5. The instructions
Now let's get down to business:
- Melt butter: Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the grass: Stir in the decarboxylated flowers and stir patiently for 2 hours. Low & slow, baby!
- Sieving: Pour the butter through a sieve and pour into glasses.
- Allow to cool: Allow the butter to cool. It will be green and smell strong. Normal!
Cannabutter use: Here's how it works
Now you have your homemade cannabutter and you can get creative.
1. The effect of edibles
Remember, edibles work differently than smoked foods. Be careful, especially if you're new to the world of edibles.
2. The Crockpot Trick
If you're lazy or don't want to stand at the stove for hours, use a crockpot. He does the work for you!
3. Mix it up!
Try adding peanut butter or herbs to cannabutter. That gives it that extra kick!
4. My favorite recipe: THC peanut butter cookies
Here's my insider tip: THC-containing peanut butter cookies. They taste heavenly and are easy to make!
- 100g butter containing THC
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 200g coconut flakes
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup flour (or more to your liking)
- Melt butter: Melt THC butter and peanut butter in a saucepan.
- Add sugar and maple syrup: Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Coconut & Co.: Mix coconut flakes with nutmeg, then add to the mixture.
- Add flour: Add flour until the mixture is no longer too oily.
- Form cookies: Form small balls, place them on the baking tray and press them flat.
- Baking: Bake at 190°C for 15-20 minutes, depending on the desired thickness of the cookies.
That's it! Now you're ready to get started in the world of cannabutter creations. Always remember to keep an eye on the dosage and have fun feasting!